So after banging my head for awhile, things still aren’t working as they had prior to my stepping away from it.
What I did last night was to partially dissassemble everything, and rewire a decent portion of it. It is a HECK of a lot cleaner, which means it should be easier to debug, trace lines, etc etc.
My impression of the current problem is that the drive isn’t being properly selected, and as a result, isn’t actually putting out real data. I had this problem awhile back, but I had fixed it.
I got sick of my office being warmer than the rest of the house, despite full A/C in the house, I installed a room air-conditioner, and its now very comfy. This required a new circuit be run, and while I had the walls open, I ran an extra circuit for extra capacity. I now have three different circuits in the same office, one solely for the A/C, the one original to the house, and the new one.