I placed an order yesterday for some prototyping parts to get this project off the ground.
Some of the key parts are:
- ISSI 256kx16 SRAM chips. IC SRAM 4MBIT 25NS 44TSOP
- A surfboard to do 44-pin TSOP II to DIP. Wish me luck soldering this one! .8mm between pins. (highly recommend https://www.proto-advantage.com for these types of adapters!)
- Some 56-pin dual row 2×28 female headers .1 on center and row. CONN FMALE 56POS DL .1″ R/A GOLD
- Some 74LS logic chips. Hopefully this will be fast enough, but if not, we go to ALS!
- Another solderless breadboard. More wires.
I want to get these in, get that memory chip soldered, get the logic chips on the boards, get them wired up. I want to test the logic to make sure the timing is correct prior to even attaching the SRAM chip — and certainly before it gets attached to the Amiga.
I’ve got a preliminary schematic drawn up, but I’m not publishing anything until I’m reasonably certain this is going work!