progress on windows side

I put some time into the windows program that makes this whole thing tick tonight.  When I first started this project, I started with Marco’s afr.c, and pared it down to the bare necessities.  Then, I modified whichever functions needed changed.  Now I’m at the point where I’m putting many functions back, and still in the process of converting them from a parallel-port driven model to a USB/serial based solution.  Completely different, but I’d argue much easier(albeit less direct).  I like the fact that many things are handled by the SX instead of software.

I’d not too far removed from getting a full-fledged version of this running, at least as far as automating and sucking down a whole disk.  Right now the version is command line, but that will change as soon as its reliable enough.  The decision will be visual C++/.net vs java.  I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it.

 

About the author

keith

Amateur Electronics Design Engineer and Hacker