I’ve put up a preview of the java client in action. It’s a 2 minute video with narration.
You’ll need a DivX codec installed in order to view it.
I probably could have messed with compressing this further, so I apologize for the size of it. 16 megs! Bandwidth is pretty fast and cheap these days, so have at it. Note my web server has TONS of bandwidth, it took me less than 10 seconds to download it across my 15mbps FIOS service.
Right-click here and do a save-as.
So far, I’ve got sort of the bulk of the application working. It will step through the floppy drive, reading the disk, decoding the MFM, and storing the disk data into an array. I will write this whole array out to disk once it’s finished. There are alot of little details that need to be worked out, but they are relatively minor things. I’ve got to get the options dialog fully working, the STOP button, go to track0, etc etc. I should be ready to spit out an .ADF any time now.
I’m excited about the progress I’ve made over the last few days, and things are really moving forward.
I’m always happy to hear what people think, suggestions, and so on.